168. O ye people! Eat of what is on earth, lawful and good; and do not follow the footsteps of the Evil One, for he is to you an avowed enemy.
169. For he commands you what is evil and shameful, and that ye should say of Allah that of which ye have no knowledge.
170. When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed:" they say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers:" what! even though their fathers were void of wisdom and guidance!
171. The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom.
172. O ye who believe! Eat of the good things that We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah, if it is Him ye worship.
173. He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
174. Those who conceal Allah's revelations in the Book, and purchase for them a miserable profit, they swallow into themselves Naught but Fire; Allah will not address them on the Day of Resurrection, nor purify them: grievous will be their Penalty.
175. They are the ones who buy Error in place of Guidance and Torment in place of Forgiveness. Ah! what boldness (they show) for the Fire!
176. (Their doom is) because Allah sent down the Book in truth but those who seek causes of dispute in the Book are in a schism far (from the purpose).